Sunday, January 30, 2005

Being a Dad

Let me tell you it is not easy being a dad. Especially since I raise my daughter on my own for the most part. Her mother lives in Los Angeles and sees her every other weekend. She does not provide for any support or anything just really cares about herself only. My daughter is fortunate to have grandparents that love her to death. My parents especially my mom want to make Mealani (my daughter) 5th birthday memorable. I had spend the afternoon at Party City trying to find games and prizes for the kids coming to the party and also party favors. Then I had to decide on the cake ... let me tell 36 dollars for a birthday cake is sort of steep you know. But I decided that I should get the Barbie princess cake for Mealani as she will enjoy that one the most.

This evening I prepared some letters to remind parents if their child was coming to the party. Right now only about 4 - 5 kids are coming of those only 3 are from Mealani's class. I hoped there would be at least 6 -8 as that would make Mealani's day I think. So I hope my second round of invitiations will do the trick and several more students will come. Als have to remember to have several of her old school mates get invited also. Well other than that the weekend has been pretty quiet with my parents and Mealani heading to Santa Ana for some asian cuisine.

As usual, Mealani came home exhausted and slept all the way to Santa Ana in the car. She did enjoy the day she spend with grandma and grandpa. I had her bathed and brushed so she would be ready to sleep at 8pm so she read books until about 8:20. Well tomorrow I will have to remember to go to Sports Arena to pickup tickets for DisneyonIce Monsters Inc. We will hopefully be going for opening night so I am sure she will be excited.


No comments: