Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Can a lover ever be a friend??

So this question was posed to me by an ex-co-worker ... and at first I was thinking usually not except in those cases where kids are involved. Yet it's not true, one of my most true friends is unbelievably an old lover. We were both younger, with me being around 26 and she being 21. She worked with me and through some twist of fate, she and I became close.

I think that we were completely honest, that there was never any deception between us concerning how we felt, what paths our life was taking, and bitterness. We went our separate ways and yet there were times that we came back together. Interestingly to this day, she remains a friend with whom I can trust my feelings and deepest thoughts.

She was wonderful and down to earth, amazing personality, and had a beautiful smile. It was good that during this tough time I was able to call her and see her and get consoled and counseled by her. Life is funny like that, the friends who are truly your friends will be there to pick you up when you fall down.

No comments: